Friday, 21 Aug 2026
  • About us
  • Our policy
  • Blog
  • Contact
Subscribe
thepatriotnewsonline.com
  • Home
  • Politics

    “SEDINA TAMAKLOE’S ACQUITTAL WAS POLITICALLY MOTIVATED” – HENRY NANA BOAKYE

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    AKOSUA MANU PETITIONS PARLIAMENT TO SANCTION MP OVER REMARKS TO SCHOOLGIRL

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    OBIRI BOAHEN SAYS HE PRAYS BAWUMIA BECOMES GHANA’S PRESIDENT

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    MINORITY REJECTS PARLIAMENT’S APPROVAL OF SIX MINING LEASES, CALLS PROCESS DEFECTIVE

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    NPP SETS AUGUST 6 PROTEST AGAINST TRIBUNAL LAW AND SEDINA TAMAKLOE RULING

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    NPP URGES GHANAIANS TO REJECT REINTRODUCTION OF TRIBUNALS

    By Agyemkum Tuah
  • Business
  • Opinion

    Ex-GIHOC Boss legally owned two of alleged stolen vehicles – Lawyer disputes CID claim

    By Thepatriotnewsgh

    Corruption Watch fines parliament, police, others for violating RTI laws

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    Soldiers threaten to seize state TV in Madagascar, presidency says, amid warnings of coup attempt

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    Kpandai election annulment ‘defies logic and law’ — Nana B

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    Wa High Court jails killer of ‘Jirapa Dubai’ CEO for life

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    ‘I am not a communication centre’ – Mustapha Gbande appeals to supporters

    By Thepatriotnewsgh
  • Health

    LOW HEALTH BUDGET PUTS NATION AT RISK, ABUAKWA SOUTH MP WARNS

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    ANNOH-DOMPREH PUSHES AFRICA TO EMBRASE TRADITIONAL MEDICINE AS PAN-AFRICAN PARLIAMENT ADOPTS HISTORIC HEALTH REFORMS

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    AWUCHE, GHANA’S TALLEST MAN, DIES AT AGE 33

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    AFRICA’S HEALTH SYSTEM ON THE BRINK AS FOREIGN AID FALLS 40%; AMB KIKWETE WARNS LEADERS TO ACT

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    ARRESTING WEIJA HOSPITAL CONTRACTOR WON’T RESOLVE DISPUTE – AKWASI ACQUAH SLAMS EOCO

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    GOVERNMENT FULLY RESPONSIBLE FOR ACCRA FLOODING CRISIS – MIRACLES ABOAGYE

    By Agyemkum Tuah
  • Pages
    • About us
    • Our policy
    • Contact US
  • Health
  • Sports
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Health
  • Sports
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
Font ResizerAa
thepatriotnewsonline.comthepatriotnewsonline.com
  • My Saves
  • My Interests
  • My Feed
  • History
  • Travel
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Technology
  • World
Search
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Opinion
  • Health
  • Travel
  • World
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© The Patriot News Network. All Rights Reserved.

Home » Eight Ghanaians confirmed dead in Burkina Faso terror attack

African NewsInternational Relations & DiplomacyNational Newssecurity

Eight Ghanaians confirmed dead in Burkina Faso terror attack

Agyemkum Tuah
Last updated: February 17, 2026 8:28 pm
Share
SHARE

Eight Ghanaian nationals have been confirmed dead following a terrorist attack in Titao, a town in northern Burkina Faso, as the government moves to evacuate victims and tighten travel guidance for citizens in high-risk areas.

In a statement, the Government of Ghana through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs said the attack, which took place on February 14, initially claimed the lives of seven members of the Ghana National Tomatoes Traders and Transporters Association who were engaged in trading activities in the area.

The death toll has since risen to eight after another injured trader, who had been receiving treatment, succumbed to his wounds.

President John Mahama and the government expressed deep condolences to the bereaved families and condemned the attack, describing it as a senseless act of terror.

The statement also conveyed solidarity with the people and government of Burkina Faso, while stressing the need for stronger regional cooperation to address growing security threats across the sub-region.

On the president’s instructions and following medical consultations, arrangements have been made for the immediate air evacuation of injured Ghanaian victims from Burkina Faso.

The evacuation is being carried out by the Ghana Air Force, with the injured expected to arrive in the country later today.

Ghana’s ambassador to Burkina Faso and embassy staff are working closely with the affected nationals and coordinating support efforts, while authorities in Burkina Faso have assisted by granting the necessary approvals to facilitate the operation.

In response to the incident, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has issued new travel guidance for Ghanaians planning to visit areas considered high-risk within the sub-region.

Citizens undertaking essential travel have been advised to first contact the ministry or Ghana’s diplomatic missions for guidance.For Ghanaians already living in places where violent extremist attacks have been recorded, the government is urging caution.

Residents have been advised to limit their movements, maintain regular contact with Ghanaian missions, share emergency contact details, and keep identification documents readily accessible to enable quicker consular support when needed.

The government said it is closely monitoring the situation and remains in touch with relevant authorities to ensure the safety and welfare of its citizens, adding that further updates will be provided as necessary.

Source: metrotvonline.com

Disclaimer: The content published on this website is for informational purposes only. The views, opinions, and positions expressed by individual authors or contributors are theirs alone and do not necessarily reflect those of [patriotnewsonline.com]. While every effort is made to ensure accuracy, [patriotnewsonline.com] does not assume any responsibility or liability for any errors, omissions, or outcomes resulting from the use of this information. Readers are advised to verify facts independently and seek professional advice where necessary.

Share this:

  • Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Share on X (Opens in new window) X
TAGGED:Burkina Faso terror AttackEight Ghanaians deadMinistry of Foreign Affairs
Share This Article
Email Copy Link Print
Previous Article Bulk Customers Push for Lower Tariffs, Better Service in Electricity Market Reform at Energy Commission Stakeholder Engagement
Next Article Tomato traders’ killing: Baafi blames Burkina Faso’s ECOWAS exit, security breakdown
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Your Trusted Source for Accurate and Timely Updates!

Our commitment to accuracy, impartiality, and delivering breaking news as it happens has earned us the trust of a vast audience. Stay ahead with real-time updates on the latest events, trends.
FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
LinkedInFollow
MediumFollow
QuoraFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad image

Popular Posts

Crafting Daily Habits for Long-term Health and Happiness

Modern technology has become a total phenomenon for civilization, the defining force of a new…

By Thepatriotnewsgh

NOBODY IS ABOVE THE LAW, BUT WONTUMI WAS TARGETED AND USED AS SCAPEGOAT – FORMER MP

Former New Edubiase Member of Parliament, George Oduro, has alleged that Ashanti Regional Chairman of…

By Agyemkum Tuah

Mahama rules out 2028 bid, pledges to uphold two-term limit

President John Dramani Mahama has assured that he will respect Ghana’s two-term limit and will…

By Thepatriotnewsgh

You Might Also Like

General newsGovernanceNational NewsNewsParliamentParty PoliticsPolitics

Mahama’s absence on 2028 ballot will reshape electoral dynamics — Sammi Awuku

By Agyemkum Tuah
BusinessCommerceEconomyGeneral newsGovernanceNational NewsNewsParliamentParty PoliticsPolitics

GOLDBOD in fresh trouble as Juaben MP questions GHC 27.5M deal for 20 mineral areas

By Agyemkum Tuah
BusinessCommerceEconomyNational NewsNewsTrade

Sachet Water Price Hike Hits Ghana: Bags to Sell at GH¢15 from April 6

By Agyemkum Tuah
EducationGeneral newsGovernanceLabourNational NewsNews

Unemployed teachers cry foul over alleged secret GES recruitment; appointment letters from different dates emerge

By Agyemkum Tuah
thepatriotnewsonline.com
Facebook Twitter Youtube Rss Medium

About US

ThePatriotnewsonline.com: Your instant connection to breaking stories and live updates. Stay informed with our real-time coverage across politics, tech, entertainment, and more. Your reliable source for 24/7 news.

Top Categories
  • World
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Tech
  • Health
  • Travel
Usefull Links
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with US
  • Complaint
  • Privacy Policy
  • Cookie Policy
  • Submit a Tip

© The Patriot News Network.

All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?