Friday, 21 Aug 2026
  • About us
  • Our policy
  • Blog
  • Contact
Subscribe
thepatriotnewsonline.com
  • Home
  • Politics

    “SEDINA TAMAKLOE’S ACQUITTAL WAS POLITICALLY MOTIVATED” – HENRY NANA BOAKYE

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    AKOSUA MANU PETITIONS PARLIAMENT TO SANCTION MP OVER REMARKS TO SCHOOLGIRL

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    OBIRI BOAHEN SAYS HE PRAYS BAWUMIA BECOMES GHANA’S PRESIDENT

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    MINORITY REJECTS PARLIAMENT’S APPROVAL OF SIX MINING LEASES, CALLS PROCESS DEFECTIVE

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    NPP SETS AUGUST 6 PROTEST AGAINST TRIBUNAL LAW AND SEDINA TAMAKLOE RULING

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    NPP URGES GHANAIANS TO REJECT REINTRODUCTION OF TRIBUNALS

    By Agyemkum Tuah
  • Business
  • Opinion

    Unveiling the Witnesses: Who stood for CJ as Justice Pwamang Committee ends hearing?

    By Thepatriotnewsgh

    GBA Boss Criticizes Bahubali’s Family for Sending Boxer to Prayer Camp Before Death

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    Utility tariff hikes by PURC will be fiercely resisted – COPEC

    By Thepatriotnewsgh

    Ghana’s Job Market Hits a Snag: 15.7% Plunge in Advertised Positions During Mid-2025

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    Eric Twum Urges Boycott of South African Products Over Xenophobia

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    Under pressure from Trump, Venezuela’s new president has aces up her sleeve

    By Agyemkum Tuah
  • Health

    LOW HEALTH BUDGET PUTS NATION AT RISK, ABUAKWA SOUTH MP WARNS

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    ANNOH-DOMPREH PUSHES AFRICA TO EMBRASE TRADITIONAL MEDICINE AS PAN-AFRICAN PARLIAMENT ADOPTS HISTORIC HEALTH REFORMS

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    AWUCHE, GHANA’S TALLEST MAN, DIES AT AGE 33

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    AFRICA’S HEALTH SYSTEM ON THE BRINK AS FOREIGN AID FALLS 40%; AMB KIKWETE WARNS LEADERS TO ACT

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    ARRESTING WEIJA HOSPITAL CONTRACTOR WON’T RESOLVE DISPUTE – AKWASI ACQUAH SLAMS EOCO

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    GOVERNMENT FULLY RESPONSIBLE FOR ACCRA FLOODING CRISIS – MIRACLES ABOAGYE

    By Agyemkum Tuah
  • Pages
    • About us
    • Our policy
    • Contact US
  • Health
  • Sports
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Health
  • Sports
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
Font ResizerAa
thepatriotnewsonline.comthepatriotnewsonline.com
  • My Saves
  • My Interests
  • My Feed
  • History
  • Travel
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Technology
  • World
Search
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Opinion
  • Health
  • Travel
  • World
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© The Patriot News Network. All Rights Reserved.

Home » NPP Members protest over alleged election irregularities in Tarkwa Nsuaem

General newsGovernanceNewsParty PoliticsPoliticsRegional News

NPP Members protest over alleged election irregularities in Tarkwa Nsuaem

Agyemkum Tuah
Last updated: May 21, 2026 9:07 pm
Share
SHARE

Aggrieved members of the New Patriotic Party in the Tarkwa Nsuaem Constituency have staged a demonstration over what they describe as unfair treatment, manipulation and irregularities in the party’s internal electoral process.

The protesters, made up of youth members, former constituency executives, founding members and grassroots supporters, called on the party’s National Executive Committee to intervene and restore confidence in the constituency.

They accused some constituency executives of sidelining party members and manipulating processes connected to polling station elections ahead of the party’s preparations for the 2028 general election.

Speaking to journalists during the demonstration, convener Nana Sulley said he had been with the NPP since 1992 and had served the party in several capacities within the constituency.

According to him, tensions within the constituency began after George Mireku Duker showed interest in contesting the parliamentary seat.

Mr Sulley alleged that some constituency executives were imposed rather than elected, a situation he said violated the party’s democratic principles and internal regulations.

The spokesperson for the aggrieved members, Amporful Adu Nakaa, said several petitions submitted to both constituency and regional executives had not received any response.

He said the silence from party leadership had deepened mistrust and frustration among grassroots supporters in the constituency.

A founding member of the party in Tarkwa Nsuaem, Auntie Hannah, also expressed disappointment over the situation.

She said long serving members who helped build the party in the constituency were saddened by recent developments and appealed to the national leadership to address their concerns.

In a statement issued after the demonstration, the group said the electoral process in the constituency had been characterised by intimidation, arbitrary disqualifications, exclusion and disregard for laid down procedures.

The protesters claimed concerns raised by affected members were ignored throughout the registration, nomination, vetting and polling station election processes.

They argued that the credibility and legitimacy of the elections had been compromised and warned that the constituency risked deepening divisions if immediate action was not taken.

The group called for an independent investigation into the conduct of the elections, the annulment of processes found to have breached party guidelines and the organisation of fresh polling station elections under the supervision of the National Elections Committee.

They also demanded equal treatment for all party members and measures to rebuild trust and unity within the constituency.

Despite the tensions, the demonstrators said their protest was peaceful and intended to defend the democratic values of the party rather than undermine it.

They urged the national leadership of the NPP to act quickly to prevent further divisions ahead of the 2028 elections.

Source: metrotvonline.com

Disclaimer: The content published on this website is for informational purposes only. The views, opinions, and positions expressed by individual authors or contributors are theirs alone and do not necessarily reflect those of [patriotnewsonline.com]. While every effort is made to ensure accuracy, [patriotnewsonline.com] does not assume any responsibility or liability for any errors, omissions, or outcomes resulting from the use of this information. Readers are advised to verify facts independently and seek professional advice where necessary.

Share this:

  • Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Share on X (Opens in new window) X
TAGGED:NPP Members protest over alleged election irregularities in Tarkwa Nsuaem
Share This Article
Email Copy Link Print
Previous Article NPP focused on regaining power in 2028 – Sam Pyne
Next Article NKRUMAH’S ECONOMIC LEGACY: THE DEBT, THE DECLINE AND THE DAMAGE GHANA STILL CARRIES
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Your Trusted Source for Accurate and Timely Updates!

Our commitment to accuracy, impartiality, and delivering breaking news as it happens has earned us the trust of a vast audience. Stay ahead with real-time updates on the latest events, trends.
FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
LinkedInFollow
MediumFollow
QuoraFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad image

Popular Posts

‎‎‎Dr. Yaw Osei Adutwum Embodies the Legacy of Kufuor – Odike Endorses Him as NPP’s Best Hope‎‎

Controversial politician and businessman Akwasi Addai Odike has described Dr. Yaw Osei Adutwum, Minister of…

By Kwabena Adu Gyamfi

Minority Leader: Mahama’s first year marred by punitive politics, not development

Minority Leader, Alexander Afenyo-Markin, has expressed deep concern over what he describes as a pattern…

By Agyemkum Tuah

Gov’t targets 2026 Q2 for full digital TV migration amid GH¢82m duty hurdle

ACCRA- Digital consumers are expected to enjoy improved picture and sound quality by the second…

By Agyemkum Tuah

You Might Also Like

National NewsParty PoliticsPolitics

NPP’s Ali Suraj declares bid for National Nasara Organiser role

By Agyemkum Tuah
NewsSports

2026 World Cup qualifiers: FIFA opens disciplinary case against South Africa over suspended player

By Agyemkum Tuah
General newsLegalNewsPolitics

Ken Kuranchie sues govt over legality of ORAL

By Agyemkum Tuah
CrimeGeneral newsNewssecurity

Police arrest suspect in GH¢7.5m Adabraka robbery

By Agyemkum Tuah
thepatriotnewsonline.com
Facebook Twitter Youtube Rss Medium

About US

ThePatriotnewsonline.com: Your instant connection to breaking stories and live updates. Stay informed with our real-time coverage across politics, tech, entertainment, and more. Your reliable source for 24/7 news.

Top Categories
  • World
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Tech
  • Health
  • Travel
Usefull Links
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with US
  • Complaint
  • Privacy Policy
  • Cookie Policy
  • Submit a Tip

© The Patriot News Network.

All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?