Thursday, 20 Aug 2026
  • About us
  • Our policy
  • Blog
  • Contact
Subscribe
thepatriotnewsonline.com
  • Home
  • Politics

    “SEDINA TAMAKLOE’S ACQUITTAL WAS POLITICALLY MOTIVATED” – HENRY NANA BOAKYE

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    AKOSUA MANU PETITIONS PARLIAMENT TO SANCTION MP OVER REMARKS TO SCHOOLGIRL

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    OBIRI BOAHEN SAYS HE PRAYS BAWUMIA BECOMES GHANA’S PRESIDENT

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    MINORITY REJECTS PARLIAMENT’S APPROVAL OF SIX MINING LEASES, CALLS PROCESS DEFECTIVE

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    NPP SETS AUGUST 6 PROTEST AGAINST TRIBUNAL LAW AND SEDINA TAMAKLOE RULING

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    NPP URGES GHANAIANS TO REJECT REINTRODUCTION OF TRIBUNALS

    By Agyemkum Tuah
  • Business
  • Opinion

    Court restores Abronye’s bail after surrendering passport

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    Minority demands NaCCA DG, Board Chair dismissal over LGBTQ content

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    Ghana must criminalise environmental destruction linked to galamsey – Annoh-Dompreh

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    “Bawumia’s apology is not a sign of weakness” – Titus-Glover after Gabby slam

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    UN raises alarm over lapses in Ghana’s food supply chain

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    Bawumia warns NPP delegates against ‘insults and lies’ ahead of presidential primary

    By Agyemkum Tuah
  • Health

    LOW HEALTH BUDGET PUTS NATION AT RISK, ABUAKWA SOUTH MP WARNS

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    ANNOH-DOMPREH PUSHES AFRICA TO EMBRASE TRADITIONAL MEDICINE AS PAN-AFRICAN PARLIAMENT ADOPTS HISTORIC HEALTH REFORMS

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    AWUCHE, GHANA’S TALLEST MAN, DIES AT AGE 33

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    AFRICA’S HEALTH SYSTEM ON THE BRINK AS FOREIGN AID FALLS 40%; AMB KIKWETE WARNS LEADERS TO ACT

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    ARRESTING WEIJA HOSPITAL CONTRACTOR WON’T RESOLVE DISPUTE – AKWASI ACQUAH SLAMS EOCO

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    GOVERNMENT FULLY RESPONSIBLE FOR ACCRA FLOODING CRISIS – MIRACLES ABOAGYE

    By Agyemkum Tuah
  • Pages
    • About us
    • Our policy
    • Contact US
  • Health
  • Sports
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Health
  • Sports
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
Font ResizerAa
thepatriotnewsonline.comthepatriotnewsonline.com
  • My Saves
  • My Interests
  • My Feed
  • History
  • Travel
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Technology
  • World
Search
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Opinion
  • Health
  • Travel
  • World
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© The Patriot News Network. All Rights Reserved.

Home » Accra Newtown building collapse: Look for the contractor – Henry Quartey tells Muntaka

EducationGeneral newsGovernanceHealthHuman RightsNewsRegional Newssecurity

Accra Newtown building collapse: Look for the contractor – Henry Quartey tells Muntaka

Agyemkum Tuah
Last updated: March 30, 2026 5:59 pm
Share
SHARE

Former Ayawaso Central MP, Henry Quartey, has called for investigators to locate the contractor linked to the collapsed structure at Accra Newtown Experimental School, stressing that critical questions regarding access to the building remain unanswered.

Speaking on Adom FM’s Dwaso Nsem, the former Greater Accra Regional Minister said the contractor is central to the ongoing investigation and must clarify whether proper controls were in place to prevent entry into the unsafe building.

Mr. Quartey noted that prior warnings had been issued about the building’s compromised condition, emphasizing that responsibility may lie in how those directives were enforced. He referenced statements by the Interior Minister, Muntaka Mohammed-Mubarak, indicating that the Municipal Chief Executive (MCE) had cautioned against allowing anyone near the structure.

“I heard the Interior Minister say the MCE had sent a warning that nobody should go there, so proactive measures were taken,” he said.

The former MP recounted that during his tenure, concerns about the building’s structural integrity had led to restrictions on its use, particularly to prevent schoolchildren from entering. He revealed that the contractor had resisted demolition attempts and even threatened legal action at the time.

“During my tenure, the MCE also did the same thing, but the contractor said he was going to court when they planned to demolish the building,” he explained.

Despite these measures, Mr. Quartey expressed concern over how the building was later accessed and reportedly used by a church, raising questions about enforcement lapses.

“I don’t blame the contractor because he said he gave the order, so I don’t know how the church got to operate there,” he said. “Because there were issues with structural integrity, the schoolchildren were not allowed to go there, so I don’t know how the church got access.”

His comments come amid assurances from the Interior Minister that a full-scale investigation will be conducted to determine the circumstances leading to the collapse. The incident, which occurred on Sunday, has intensified scrutiny over enforcement of safety directives and accountability in managing structurally compromised public buildings across Accra.

Source: adomonline.com

Disclaimer: The content published on this website is for informational purposes only. The views, opinions, and positions expressed by individual authors or contributors are theirs alone and do not necessarily reflect those of [patriotnewsonline.com]. While every effort is made to ensure accuracy, [patriotnewsonline.com] does not assume any responsibility or liability for any errors, omissions, or outcomes resulting from the use of this information. Readers are advised to verify facts independently and seek professional advice where necessary.

Share this:

  • Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Share on X (Opens in new window) X
TAGGED:Accra Newtown building collapseHenry QuarteyInterior Minister
Share This Article
Email Copy Link Print
Previous Article Bawumia expresses condolences following Accra Newtown building collapse
Next Article GNAT to appeal ruling on WASS teacher’s assault case
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Your Trusted Source for Accurate and Timely Updates!

Our commitment to accuracy, impartiality, and delivering breaking news as it happens has earned us the trust of a vast audience. Stay ahead with real-time updates on the latest events, trends.
FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
LinkedInFollow
MediumFollow
QuoraFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad image

Popular Posts

IGP Assures NPP of tight security for january 31 presidential primary

The Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Christian Tetteh Yohuno, has assured the New Patriotic Party (NPP)…

By Agyemkum Tuah

Mission Schools can’t alter Religious Practices – Christian Council, Catholic Bishops

The Ghana Catholic Bishops’ Conference and the Christian Council of Ghana have defended the right…

By Agyemkum Tuah

Can we really Wash Chemicals out of Our Rivers?

There’s a new idea making waves in Ghana that we can “dechemicalize” our polluted rivers…

By Thepatriotnewsgh

You Might Also Like

AgricultureEconomyGovernanceHealthHuman RightsNational NewsNews

Over 3 Million Ghanaians Vulnerable to Food Insecurity Despite National Resilience — Report

By Agyemkum Tuah
Banking and FinanceBusinessEconomyNews

Tension at ARB Apex Bank as staff press BoG over delay in MD’s contract renewal

By Agyemkum Tuah
Dormaahene Oseadeeyo Agyemang Badu II,
General newsGovernanceJudiciaryLegalNewsPolitics

NPP GERMANY Labels Dormaahene’s Promotion to the Justice of the Court of Appeal as “His Juicy Reward For Propaganda”

By Agyemkum Tuah
HealthLifestyleNewsRegional News

E/R: Suhum MP calls for stakeholder support to boost healthcare

By Agyemkum Tuah
thepatriotnewsonline.com
Facebook Twitter Youtube Rss Medium

About US

ThePatriotnewsonline.com: Your instant connection to breaking stories and live updates. Stay informed with our real-time coverage across politics, tech, entertainment, and more. Your reliable source for 24/7 news.

Top Categories
  • World
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Tech
  • Health
  • Travel
Usefull Links
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with US
  • Complaint
  • Privacy Policy
  • Cookie Policy
  • Submit a Tip

© The Patriot News Network.

All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?