Friday, 21 Aug 2026
  • About us
  • Our policy
  • Blog
  • Contact
Subscribe
thepatriotnewsonline.com
  • Home
  • Politics

    “SEDINA TAMAKLOE’S ACQUITTAL WAS POLITICALLY MOTIVATED” – HENRY NANA BOAKYE

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    AKOSUA MANU PETITIONS PARLIAMENT TO SANCTION MP OVER REMARKS TO SCHOOLGIRL

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    OBIRI BOAHEN SAYS HE PRAYS BAWUMIA BECOMES GHANA’S PRESIDENT

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    MINORITY REJECTS PARLIAMENT’S APPROVAL OF SIX MINING LEASES, CALLS PROCESS DEFECTIVE

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    NPP SETS AUGUST 6 PROTEST AGAINST TRIBUNAL LAW AND SEDINA TAMAKLOE RULING

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    NPP URGES GHANAIANS TO REJECT REINTRODUCTION OF TRIBUNALS

    By Agyemkum Tuah
  • Business
  • Opinion

    MINORITY VOWS TO REJECT ANY REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL FUNDING IN MID-YEAR BUDGET REVIEW

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    Using the Pulpit to Perpetuate Religious Fraud and Coup d’État

    By Thepatriotnewsgh

    Paul Adom‑Otchere, 2 others detained over GACL contract probe as he fails to meet bail terms

    By Thepatriotnewsgh

    Minority backs decentralisation of parliament

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    CSSPS needs no review, revert to 2024 module instead – Eduwatch

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    Ghanaians overpaid GH¢1.5bn for electricity — CEMSE says amidst demand for 11% tariff cut

    By Agyemkum Tuah
  • Health

    LOW HEALTH BUDGET PUTS NATION AT RISK, ABUAKWA SOUTH MP WARNS

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    ANNOH-DOMPREH PUSHES AFRICA TO EMBRASE TRADITIONAL MEDICINE AS PAN-AFRICAN PARLIAMENT ADOPTS HISTORIC HEALTH REFORMS

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    AWUCHE, GHANA’S TALLEST MAN, DIES AT AGE 33

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    AFRICA’S HEALTH SYSTEM ON THE BRINK AS FOREIGN AID FALLS 40%; AMB KIKWETE WARNS LEADERS TO ACT

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    ARRESTING WEIJA HOSPITAL CONTRACTOR WON’T RESOLVE DISPUTE – AKWASI ACQUAH SLAMS EOCO

    By Agyemkum Tuah

    GOVERNMENT FULLY RESPONSIBLE FOR ACCRA FLOODING CRISIS – MIRACLES ABOAGYE

    By Agyemkum Tuah
  • Pages
    • About us
    • Our policy
    • Contact US
  • Health
  • Sports
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Health
  • Sports
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
Font ResizerAa
thepatriotnewsonline.comthepatriotnewsonline.com
  • My Saves
  • My Interests
  • My Feed
  • History
  • Travel
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Technology
  • World
Search
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Opinion
  • Health
  • Travel
  • World
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© The Patriot News Network. All Rights Reserved.

Home » Andre Ayew left out of Black Stars’ 26-man World Cup squad

NewsSports

Andre Ayew left out of Black Stars’ 26-man World Cup squad

Agyemkum Tuah
Last updated: May 20, 2026 7:29 pm
Share
SHARE

Black Stars head coach Carlos Queiroz has omitted veteran forward Andre Ayew from his final 26-man squad for the 2026 FIFA World Cup, ending weeks of speculation over the player’s international future.

Ayew, 36, has not featured for Ghana since the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations, where the team exited at the group stage. Despite a late-season return to club football with Dutch side NAC Breda on a short-term deal, expectations of a recall to the national team ultimately went unmet.

Reports indicate that Queiroz did not include the former West Ham United and Swansea City forward even in his provisional 53-man list submitted to FIFA, effectively ruling him out ahead of the final squad announcement scheduled for June 1 in collaboration with the Ghana Football Association.

Public debate around Ayew’s potential return intensified in recent weeks, with Ghana’s Minister for Sports and Recreation, Kofi Adams, previously backing his inclusion.

He described the forward as an experienced presence capable of offering leadership on and off the pitch, even suggesting his role could extend beyond playing duties.

Ayew remains Ghana’s most capped player in history, but his recent club situation has been uncertain following NAC Breda’s relegation from the Dutch top flight. He made 16 appearances and scored once during his short stint with the club.

Ghana, preparing for their fifth World Cup appearance at the FIFA World Cup 2026, have been drawn in Group L alongside England, Croatia and Panama.

The Black Stars will open their campaign against Panama on June 17 at BMO Field in Toronto, before taking on England on June 23 in Boston. Their final group match comes against Croatia on June 27 in Philadelphia.

Preparations will continue with international friendlies against Mexico on May 22 and Wales on June 2 as the squad builds toward the tournament.

Source: adomonline.com

Disclaimer: The content published on this website is for informational purposes only. The views, opinions, and positions expressed by individual authors or contributors are theirs alone and do not necessarily reflect those of [patriotnewsonline.com]. While every effort is made to ensure accuracy, [patriotnewsonline.com] does not assume any responsibility or liability for any errors, omissions, or outcomes resulting from the use of this information. Readers are advised to verify facts independently and seek professional advice where necessary.

Share this:

  • Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Share on X (Opens in new window) X
TAGGED:2026 FIFA World CupAndre Ayew left out of Black Starscoach Carlos Queiroz
Share This Article
Email Copy Link Print
Previous Article DopeNation visit GFA boss to explore music-football partnership
Next Article Go Back to the Drawing Board on Publican AI—Kwesi Baffour Sarpong Cautions GRA
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Your Trusted Source for Accurate and Timely Updates!

Our commitment to accuracy, impartiality, and delivering breaking news as it happens has earned us the trust of a vast audience. Stay ahead with real-time updates on the latest events, trends.
FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
LinkedInFollow
MediumFollow
QuoraFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad image

Popular Posts

Heavy market intervention causing stability of the Cedi; BoG dumped about $1.3b onto the market in October – Oppong Nkrumah

Member of Parliament for Ofoase Ayirebi, Kojo Opong Nkrumah, is questioning the sustainability of the…

By Thepatriotnewsgh

CMB Abuja Market Land Dispute: Leaseholder Sets the Record Straight

ACCRA - Original Embossment and Manufacturing Company Ltd, has clarified that the CMB Abuja Market…

By Agyemkum Tuah

Bawumia deserves praise for Gold-for-Reserves programme – Senyo Hosi

Former Vice President, Dr Mahamudu Bawumia, has been highly commended for introducing the Gold for Reserves…

By Thepatriotnewsgh

You Might Also Like

BusinessEnergyNational NewsNews

Confusion Rocks GRIDCo As Concerned Stakeholders Petition Energy Minister Over Alleged Breaches

By Agyemkum Tuah
General newsGovernanceLegalNational NewsNewsParty PoliticsPolitics

10 petitioners appeal to President Mahama to remove Special Prosecutor Kissi Agyebeng, EC Chair Jean Mensa and 2 deputies

By Agyemkum Tuah
National NewsNewsParty PoliticsPolitics

Hajia Samira Resumes Phase One Of Ashanti Win With Bawumia Campaign From 1-9 December

By Agyemkum Tuah
Sports

Ousmane Dembélé Claims 2025 Ballon d’Or Crown: PSG Star Edges Out Lamine Yamal in Thriller

By Agyemkum Tuah
thepatriotnewsonline.com
Facebook Twitter Youtube Rss Medium

About US

ThePatriotnewsonline.com: Your instant connection to breaking stories and live updates. Stay informed with our real-time coverage across politics, tech, entertainment, and more. Your reliable source for 24/7 news.

Top Categories
  • World
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Tech
  • Health
  • Travel
Usefull Links
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with US
  • Complaint
  • Privacy Policy
  • Cookie Policy
  • Submit a Tip

© The Patriot News Network.

All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?